Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Rockstar Games now offers the promised second trailer from Grand Theft Auto V, an NSFW look at the game's take on urban renewal, friendly strangers offering directions, borrowing a buddy's car, domestic bliss, youthful hijinks, modern slang, puppies, skydiving, and more.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

119. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 15, 2012, 18:05 2nd_floor

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 17:28:
2nd_floor wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:10:
A game like this can run on the current generation of consoles? 512MB RAM, 3 core (6 threads) CPU @ 3 GHz, 256MB Video RAM (XBox 360 specs)?
It doesn't just run on them, it's designed for them. And the trailer was obviously based on the console versions, as there is massive aliasing, low polygon models and low resolution textures - PC games don't look that bad. Given that the city is much larger this time and that the X360 is still limited by the capacity of a single DVD it's unlikely the game will have any better textures, especially given that the X360 and PS3 could barely handle GTAIV as it was.

As for whether the PC version will support DX11, we still don't know if there will be a PC version. It seems likely based upon previous games but even if there is it's likely to be a bare bones port and in the unlikely event it supports DX11 - and that is very unlikely - there's little chance of it supporting the major features, like tessellation.

They should have designed the game for next-gen consoles and PC and then simply scaled the game back for X360 and PS3. As for why they don't make PC ports, it's because Microsoft and Sony pay them shit loads of money to be console exclusives. That and the publisher is very poorly run. Most other games have PC releases that take advantage of the platform, so they're ignoring the PC by choice.

The PC is becoming the way Linux has always been with gaming: we have no plans to release for it or to make proper use of it (PC with the latter example). Even though the PC has hardware 20x better than consoles. You're right, the money is in the consoles now, and gaming is now more so about the huge companies of Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Take-Two getting their way and not allowing the developers to do what they want to. Maybe the developers don't even want to do the PC anymore.

It's about making as much money as they can and benefiting the large companies above, as much as possible market share and financially wise, and less about the games themselves maybe. It doesn't matter if the games have the best technology or not, they will sell, and then the companies can move onto the next games to make and sell.

It is less about the games, more about the companies.

One thing for sure: gaming on the PC is becoming, very quickly, second-tier. (or is it already there?!?!)

How do Nvidia and AMD/ATI possibly keep marketing and selling top of the line gaming/graphics technology when it's not being used completely by half of the games (at least half, easily I think!!!) out there!!

I wonder what Valve's Big Picture will do...

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2012, 18:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo