Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm in March 2013

The StarCraft II Website announces that the release date for the Heart of the Swarm expansion for StarCraft 2 is now set as March 12, 2013, this news coming just a week after the news that the RTS add-on is due in the first half of next year. In the meantime, a StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Presale FAQ has details on the content of a planned Digital Deluxe edition, which will include bonuses for other Blizzard titles. Here's what this will include:

The Digital Deluxe version of includes a digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items for StarCraft II, World of Warcraft®, and Diablo® III:

• Three StarCraft II Swarm-themed Battle.net portraits
  • StarCraft II Zerg Ultralisk “Torrasque” skin
  • World of Warcraft Baneling Battle Pet
  • Diablo III “Blade Wings” item – Queen of Blades-styled wings for Diablo III heroes
  • Diablo III Zerg banner sigil

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe edition will receive their World of Warcraft and Diablo III in-game bonus items immediately. The StarCraft II bonuses will not be available until Heart of the Swarm is released.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

51. Re: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm in March 2013 Nov 14, 2012, 10:50 InBlack

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 10:01:
Yes, I did ignore your pledge to not buy "another Blizzard game after the slap in the face that was Diablo3, not unless they change their ways". I was attempting to make you realize how silly that pledge was when you also claimed you liked SC2.

I'm guessing I was supposed to realize you were punishing yourself to teach Blizzard a lesson. So noble of you. I'm sure they'll be deeply hurt.

Because NOT giving money to greedy corporations doesnt really count? I mean its drop in the ocean? Right? Its because of this kind of typical gamer's attitude that Blizzard (and the myrad other developers beforehand) stopped making masterpieces and started making cash cows. In any case its the principle that counts, if you subscribe to such 'esoteric' ways of thinking...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo