Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed

Randy Pitchford tweets a response to a question about whether players can expect more classes for Borderlands 2, considering the success of the mechromancer DLC for the role-playing shooter sequel (thanks nin). For those unwilling to read through his entire answer, the indication is that there is indeed reason to be optimistic that they still plan on adding additional characters to the game. For those interested in the nuance, here's an exact quote of his reply: "yes."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 11, 2012, 23:01 Tomas

61 hours in and level 27. Playing mostly coop with 2-4 friends, but solo when nobody is around and I'm feeling the need to shoot some stuff. I'm finding that B2 is about on par with 1. It's a better PC version, clearly, and I'm glad the humor seems on par as well. The gear is definitely a bit hard to come by, but I think if you're in for the long haul, that's probably a good thing. So far we've not run into areas that are too hard to beat. I think we are for the most part over-levelled...which could come back to bite us on the second play through (which I really loved in B1).

The flow definitely changes, though, based on the difficulty of a given area. Sometimes you get into the run and beatdown mode where you don't even both to take cover or think, but then you hit some areas where the difficulty spikes and suddenly you need to start playing tactically again and trying to avoid just sucking up bullets. It's actually kind of fun that way, imo.

But yeah...I hate getting non elemental weapons because you feel like it's right off the bat an inferior weapon. Also, it's really frustrating to get crappy oranges...haha. It's quite disheartening to see the color string and race over only to find it's a piece of junk that nobody wants.

My other big complaint is that eridium is mostly useless. It used to be a super fun part of the game, where we were all excited when we collected it, but now I'm maxed out and it has actually affected part of the fun of the game. One of our guys actually quit over it. Silly, perhaps, but his point was that he doesn't have anything he's really working towards anymore so he's gone back to Diablo 3 of all things. Whether he has a good reason or not, I do wish Eridium had a point (I know there's a use for it at some point later which we haven't reached yet, but that isn't really enough a sufficient reason to collect it, especially not at this point - not to mention the 99 piece cap)

Anyhow, point of this giant blabberfest? I think the game is fun, and I'm really hoping that with each DLC (and hopefully some free ones in there as well?) that the game just grows and expands in good ways. It's great fun as is, but I can see a number of easy fixes to improve things.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo