Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week

BioWare announces a November 15th start date for the free-to-play era in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Here's the deal:

Today we are excited to announce that the global launch date of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play option will be November 15, 2012. This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries The Old Republic™ is available.

If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!

Additionally, we are extending the Rewards Program! All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59pm CST will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012. For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive, visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week Nov 11, 2012, 10:10 Theo

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 21:55:
There's a key difference, though. In other F2P, the XP boosters are promoted as such: a boost to the default XP accumulation rate. A positive bonus, in other words. In TOR, the F2P changes are being portrayed as nerfs and restrictions to the regular content. That has a negative perception and why TOR's F2P model will fail.

In fairness this kind of thing will ALWAYS happen when a game changes from subscription to f2p; its inevitable.

People said exactly the same thing when STO went free to play regarding the "limited" nature of the accounts; that game has gone from strength to strength since people had the initial "YOU'RE DOING WHAT" outrage.

in 2 months no-one will give 2 f*cks* about what got nerfed, they will decide on if they are playing based on enjoyment alone, assuming they are the type of gamer with a open mind.

I'd rather games exist over "not", even if i dont play them, if some people are gaving fun with them thats a good thing.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo