Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased

GuildWars2.com has a tease for "The Lost Shores," an update coming to Guild Wars 2 later this month. There are just a few screenshots, and the following dramatic tease: "Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows… Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever!" Thanks sauron.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 3, 2012, 13:53 Acleacius

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 10:54:
Dyes have a color preview.
I dont really know what the problem is. If youre close to level 80, you have seen most armor looks anyway. Theres not much choice. If you liked your old armor so much, why didnt you keep it? You can even use transformed items to transfer their looks to the next one. Paying a few silver really isnt an issue at level 78. Honestly, I dont like the looks of most high level items, so I need to transform them in any case.
But generally, I agree that tehre should be a preview, I just dont understand how this keeps you from playing.
Dyes are multispectruim, there is absolutely no way to know what they will look like with small solid color popup. Maybe I wasn't clear, I did keep my original unless I got a better drop or lucky, blind buying. It has nothing to do with paying a few silver, as I mentioned it's about being forced to spend 15g blind. Transmutation stones are common if you do map completes. It's about being forced to blind buy and if something isn't right we are forced to sell it back.

Sure I've seen lots of armor, but there are about 10 different armors every 10 levels for every class. However unless this has been patched, we can't Inspect other players armor, iirc.

The reason I'm not playing is because if I start another toon the same thing will happen. It's ridiculous now for more than 2 months and we can't Preview Armor, Dyes or Weapons before spending 90% of our gold at the TP. It won't be any better the second toon, in fact it would be worst. As a level 80 you can make more gold, than a lowbie toon, not to mention the limited inventory space. Which is much worst at the lower the level for trash, but needed gold.

They already put us through hell the first month, with the TP being down most of the first two weeks. The content will be there, no reason to keep being tortured while the game is still broken. You do realize the Preview works everywhere else including every merchant. Well unless something changed since I've played. We don't spend 90% of our loot everywhere else, just the TP.

@ Fion, thanks for the tip, GTK. The first month was pretty barren, glad sites are starting to popup.

@ OpticNerve, thanks for the linkage.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo