Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com's Interplay Sale

There's a pay what you want sale on GOG.com which offers a sliding scale which includes the option of their entire Interplay catalogue for USD $34.99. Here's word: "Pay a penny or more and get 8 games including BioWare's first title, Shattered Steel. The average price paid is about $13, which nets you 20 classics like or the classic Giants: Citizen Kabuto. For just $34.99 you can get every single game from GOG.com's Interplay catalogue -- that's 32 games for about a buck each, including the Fallout series, Freespace 2 and many more."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: GOG.com's Interplay Sale Oct 19, 2012, 20:05 jacobvandy

Meh, I maintain that Humble Bundle is the ONLY place that actually does "pay what you want." But even they get it slightly twisted by holding certain games over your head unless you pay a certain amount. Other indie bundles are much worse, with a minimum price, but they still call it "pay what you want" because there's the possibility to pay more than that.

I much prefer GOG's build-a-bundle sales. This promotion is only decent if you've somehow managed *not* to buy a single Interplay game from GOG thus far. Otherwise, it's basically a charity drive where people can feel satisfied getting their name on the leaderboard, for throwing money at a dead/dying company. I'm not going to put in for a bunch of crap games I don't want, just to get the few that I don't already have (basically most of what they hold for the $35 tier).

And isn't Interplay only one guy now, who holds the rights to all those old games and is just getting royalties from the sales? It's not like they're going to be able to take an infusion of cash like this and make something worthwhile. Why do they deserve the fundraising over anybody else? What's the point?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo