Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Roberts Space Industries Website Back

The Roberts Space Industries Website is back in action after being knocked offline for most of the time since the recent announcement of Star Citizen, the new space simulator from Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts. This allows those interested in participating in the crowdfunding for the game, which as so far raised about one third of its two million dollar funding goal. Thanks Arkayas.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Roberts Space Industries Website Back Oct 15, 2012, 00:21 Bet

Aside from my love for Starlancer and Privateer, this game is incorporating a lot of the best elements from Allegiance, and the internet is finally fast enough to pull off that game. Most excellent.

Mechwarrior Online has already made me fall in love with the vehicular combat capabilities of CryEngine 3. The first time I hopped into an Atlas in MWO (which was after about 20 games as a heavy-class Catapult), it really felt like I was piloting an Assault mech. The firepower it unleashed was astounding compared to the pair of PPCs and medium lasers I was used to.

Thus, I cannot wait to be piloting a frigate in Star Citizen with the turrets manned by people I know enough to trust will keep the pirates at bay while running high-profit cargo in the border worlds. Knowing that there are no tariffs at the cost of getting raided by pirates, unlike the inner-system worlds with high tariffs and police to keep people relatively safe, except from the exceptionally thrill-seeking pirates. Knowing that they're human pilots will make it all the more tense, which Privateer never quite attained at its best. Will be flashing back to Allegiance days when it was in its prime, hoping that my gunners can shoot if I line them up on target. Or sneaking around trying to get a solid ore base going to support the war effort on the front lines.

Damn I miss Allegiance, haven't had that pang in what feels like a decade. This will definitely fill the void nicely.

Also, for anyone who hasn't played it, Starlancer is AWESOME in co-op. Hard to convince friends to re-attempt a hard mission just to get a better ending in it though.

Add in mod capability, private servers, the people that made Freelancer multiplayer mods that rocked the house are going to have a field day with this game. Most of that was hacked in, and this is going to have support out of the gate. CryEngine makes that all the easier. I'm giddy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo