Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

League of Legends Soars

Over 70 million players are now registered to play League of Legends, announces Riot Games, saying this is more than double the number of users the game boasted as of November 2011, adding that the number of monthly active users has nearly tripled in that time. Here are the impressive numbers: "Riot Games have now amassed 70 million registered summoner names more than double compared to November 2011. The volume of monthly active players is almost triple the amount of 2011 coming in at 32 million and 3 million daily peak concurrency. The total amount of hours played a month reaches 1 billion." Since a player population that would qualify as the 19th largest country in the world is hard to put into perspective (though that bit about the countries helps), they have created an infographic to help us comprehend the implications of this.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 11:21 Primalchrome

The game is fantastic...but you're right, the community hurts overall gameplay. Between the Tribunal and Honor syste, Riot has gone a long way toward improving player interactions. The key to enjoyment is to friend people that you enjoy playing with, or join a community like http://www.lowelo.com

Funny thing about their account numbers is that everyone I know that plays has at LEAST one smurf account. So the 32 million active player numbers is probably somewhere in the 13 million range. Still damn impressive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo