Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Astronauts Formed

Though Epic recently bought up the remainder of People Can Fly, that is not keeping the founders of this Polish developer from reaching for the stars, as they today announce the formation of The Astronauts, an indie studio with the rights to develop multiple games using Epic's Unreal technology. Here's word:

Epic Games, Inc. and The Astronauts, the new independent games studio founded by Adrian Chmielarz, Andrzej Poznanski and Michal Kosieradzki, announce a long-term Unreal Engine licensing agreement. Under the deal terms, The Astronauts have the rights to develop multiple games using the latest Unreal Engine technology. The team is creating its debut title, an unannounced game due for release in 2013, with Epic’s award- winning Unreal Engine 3 (UE3).

“We’ve worked with UE3 for the last six years, and we know its power,” said Adrian Chmielarz, co-founder of The Astronauts. “Choosing Unreal Engine technology for our future was the textbook definition of a no-brainer. We are on a quest to map uncharted waters, and Epic’s tech provides the stability required for success.”

“We’re truly impressed with what high-quality games small, independent teams are creating using the Unreal Engine,” said Mike Gamble, European territory manager of Epic. “The best is yet to come, and there’s a good chance that The Astronauts will be one of those teams that makes us say ‘Wow.’”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: The Astronauts Formed Oct 11, 2012, 21:46 Cutter

So it'll be a space game, right?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo