Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week

The CBS 3 Website has a confirmation of Tuesday's rumors of DLC for Borderlands 2 called Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty. It turns out the release of this pirate-themed DLC is expected next week on October 16th for $10.00 USD (except for Season Pass holders). Here's what they have about this for now:

The downloadable content focuses on the one-eyed pirate queen Captain Scarlett and is set amid an expansive desert that features a bandit-filled shanty town called Oasis.

"You can sense the pirate theme across the landscape, even though there's no water," said Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford. "It's all dried up. It feels more like Tatooine than an ocean. These bandits have really embraced the pirate lifestyle, and there's the legend of a treasure. That kicks off this whole adventure that the players can go on."

The new campaign tasks players with battling new enemies like sand worms, hovering across the terrain in the new sand skiff vehicle and collecting a new currency called seraph crystals. Pitchford said the new campaign was designed with all players in mind - from those who haven't finished the game to the elite who are replaying it again to discover more swag.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

53. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 11, 2012, 18:10 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 17:30:
DLC has a completely separate budget and dev cycle from the main game.

Right. Think about Kickstarter accelerators. There is some resemblance with those and DLC.

I really don't know what the peoples beef is with DLC. The only time I would be up in arms is if I just paid $50 for a 6 hour game and another 6 hours was released soon afterwards as DLC, no matter the cost. If the game felt really short and I felt robbed and there was quick DLC, that would get me. But that is simple, I wouldn't buy it and that company's future releases would be scrutinized more.

But in most cases this is what it has been:

DLC for trivial things, only a rabid fan would want. No big to me.

DLC of sizable content. If I enjoyed the game, felt square with the initial game and wanted to continue the experience, great. I actually look forward to it.

I miss the real tragedy going on here.

BL2 gives you plenty of content for the base game. You don't need any of the DLC at all. It's for those that simply want to keep the experience going.

I even laugh a bit with the so-called lack of good drop rates in BL2. Actually the game can be considered more fun without too powerful of loot to begin with. Sort of interesting how gameplay can vary greatly in a game like this because of loot and better loot can make gameplay trivial. Some state they are high level and have only like 4 Purples. Dude you have the worst luck ever with slots then, do not, I repeat do not go to Vegas ever and play slots. I have more then I can keep, I do have strong weapons now, really to the point early game was better as it was more tactical. But I can fix that anytime I want I suppose by simply bringing lesser weapons with me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo