Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?

The PS3 Trophies Forums have tidbits from the newly released Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2. It seems the new content for Gearbox's role-playing shooter sequel adds some references to other upcoming content, and they seem comfortable concluding this is an expansion called Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, which apparently has nothing to do with Gerry Anderson's marionette Captain Scarlet. They have more details, which are not confirmed, but if they are accurate, could probably be considered spoilers. Thanks Shacknews.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 23:11 Trevellian

If you played Borderlands 1 at all you would be full aware that unlike MOST DLC for most games, Gearbox has a tendancy to do DLC the correct way. Tons of content for 10 bucks. I put well over 200 hours into Borderlands 1 with ONE character. I've already put close to 200 hours into Borderlands 2 and they have not even released expansions yet. They are not nickle and diming anyone.

What you're trying to tell nin and everyone else here, is that the 3 or 4 DLC's you get for 30 bucks (Which will have HOURS upon HOURS of content in them) are not the same as buying a 30 dollar expansion 6 months later. Which is completely untrue at this point in time.

I would much rather pay the 30 bucks, and have that same content spread out for this game over the next 6 months (The 3 or 4 DLC's will be spread out between now and June) Rather than have to wait that entire 6 months, for one large expansion.

It's virtually the same thing only a different release method to the old expansions... for THIS title. This is the correct way to do DLC.

I understand your dislike for the common method of DLC, and if that is your case I implore you to talk about Nickle and Diming people to Capcom. Capcom is the definition of Nickle and Dime DLC. That is not what Gearbox is doing with their DLC. And you're a blatent idiot if you think otherwise.

Capcom, Activision, EA, you could pick any of these companies to complain about Nickle and Diming DLC... but you chose to pick the One company and game that does it the correct way and actually works on, and releases quality content for months after the game is released to come on here and bitch about. That is just down right retarded.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2012, 23:18.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo