Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

64. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 18:46 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:49:
RailWizard wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:46:
Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:49:
And the point I'm making is that, at nearly any of these conventions, you're likely to have people going "that's gay" or "you're gay" or "that kill was gay," or somehow using homosexuality as a negative. It's pretty much a given in any form of gaming, whether related to the gaming or not.

So people that are tired of hearing that the way they are born is a synonym for someone getting a cheap kill are getting together to avoid.

Sooo, do you think they would mind if we start a explicitly "straight" gamer group? You know, where we sit around and do all the things you mentioned(act like normal straight people that is..) and NOT GIVE A FUCK? Fair is fair, right? I mean, a long time ago people worked to get rid of segregation, but apparently they were all a bunch of fucking idiots because now the very types that actually were oppressed are now drawing the lines around themselves. Yes, I'm talking about more than just gays now...

Can't say or do anything anymore without some suitcase full of issues getting offended about it these days, BUT THAT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL. Nothing to see here folks...that is unless we are insulting one of the currently 'PC' things to insult that is. Then it's open season. Just don't be Christian, Straight, or White, and you can say whatever you want and if anyone makes the terrible error of insulting you, well bad things will ensue.

Enjoy your little party, just don't expect it to advance anything except your own (deluded)rationalizations. Now go ahead and make some stupidly witty remarks to make yourselves feel superior.

Let's also start a White History Month.

Also, it's funny that you're whining about people getting offended over the tiniest thing in a thread in which you're offended by some people having a Gay friendly gaming convention in which everyone is invited.

Who's getting offended, apparently pointing out that starting a "gaymercon" is kinda silly is somehow being offended.

We should start a white history month, it would be fantastic to see folks like Al Sharpton have a massive heart attack over it. Or at least turn it into some form of twisted discrimination.

Here's the thing beamer, no one but the people going to this con really cares one way or the other. And really Rail is pretty spot on, the PC crowd DOES get offended over every little thing real or imagined. It does however imo give that whole "look at me pay attention to me!" Gist that that community does more often than not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo