Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 12:30 yuastnav

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 12:01:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 11:52:
It does not speak in your favour that you seek out this topic only to complain about how you are annoyed by its mere existence.

Oh sorry forgot to take my politically correct pills this morning. Gay people are just that people, like anyone else. Just because they like to bump uglies with the same gender doesn't make them special snowflakes who deserve their own "gaming convention"

Last I checked sexual orientation had zero to do with video games. All this is, is another cry for attention. Who gives a shit who they like to shack up with?

Listen to yourself, "They deserve protection" If they didn't have the need to constantly announce "We're gay pay us extra attention" No one would care in the first place

Political correctness does not exist so I am not even sure what you are trying to say.
Anyway, being homosexual certainly does not make them special, I agree with that part of the sentence, but I do not understand the second one. What does that have to do with making a gaming convention? Why should they not be allowed to make a gaming convention?
Most gaming conventions are targeted at the white, heterosexual males so the argument that "heterosexuals" should also have their own convention is not really invalid. From what I understand heterosexuals are still permitted to attend a homosexual convention and vice versa but that still does not explain why oh why homosexuals cannot make their own convention.

Then you are saying that this is all just a cry for attention. I do not see it this way but I would like to understand your position and therefore ask why you see it like that. Why do you think that's a cry for attention?
I really don't get this. They are just announcing a convention for homosexuals. So what? Big deal. Why are you then so upset about this?
I mean: if you don't care then you can ignore it. Right? It does not even inconvenience you in any way.

c.f. Verno's post concerning the last point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo