Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated

The Diablo III Website has updated Public Test Realm Patch version 1.0.5 for the upcoming patch for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. A number of additional planned changes are highlighted, including a doubling of legendary item drop rates.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Oct 1, 2012, 13:54 descender

I disagree with the loot in TL2 being more fun. Obviously what D3 did with the rarity of the legendary/set items was wrong... but the way TL handles it is not right either. Everyone's eyes glaze over when they see "colors" on their loot... but if it ALL has crazy amounts of stats on it, then NONE of it is "special".

You have to wait just as long for a truly unique item to drop in TL2 (after 40+ hours of play time, i'm not talking about in the first hour...), it's just harder to recognize those drops in D3. You also have very little in the way of options for selling your unwanted but "awesome" gear. Playing on Elite difficulty certainly makes it more entertaining, but then everyone complained about how hard Inferno was...

The underlying appeal to Diablo 2 was the chat/online aspects of it. Most people were experiencing those features in a game for the first time ever. It created communities and a real trade market. The actual game was pretty boring. I don't have this fond memory everyone else seems to of getting tons of good loot drops. I do remember doing run after run after run waiting for a SoJ to drop so I could trade it to someone that actually DID win the RNG.

I agree that the top down hack-n-slash market is totally stale at this point. TQ was cool, but I still think DS2 was the best one ever made. What's better than equipping one person with random loot drops? Equipping 4 at the same time!

Somewhere between the polish of combat and online features in D3 and the random "fun" of loot drops and map generation in TL2... I'm sure there is a good game.

Unfortunately, neither of them has pulled it off just yet. Blizzard patching and TL2 mods will rapidly merge the feature sets, that I'm sure of.

Path of Exile looks cool. Hopefully the hyped features of that game actually make it in, and don't get cut at the last minute like Blizzard did with the Skill Runes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo