Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated

The Diablo III Website has updated Public Test Realm Patch version 1.0.5 for the upcoming patch for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. A number of additional planned changes are highlighted, including a doubling of legendary item drop rates.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 20:17 Verno

Julio wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 19:51:
TL2 has been a big disappointment to me as well, I've played the demo for 5 minutes and find it boring. D3 was better than TL2, scary enough - at least I got a week of playing time in D3.

To be fair, 5 minutes isn't exactly a lot of time to see what the game has to offer. Play an hour on Veteran with a melee engineer, it's pretty darned amusing to me I get people not liking the art style though, it's certainly not for everyone. The Outlander class needs some tuning too, I feel bad for people who start out with that one. In any case I made a couple of basic class mods for the first game and have plans to work on this one when they release the mod kit soon. My play time counter will probably at or beyond Diablo 3 and more importantly I've enjoyed that time a lot more. I feel like I spent a hundred plus hours of Diablo 3 waiting for the good stuff which never arrived.

I think action RPGs in general need to break out of their mold. I was really bummed to see countryside, then a desert and jungle just like Diablo 2. Diablo 3 follows mostly the same map formula there too. Something they did do right in Torchlight 2 was the loot. Fun to collect, lots of variety and tons of interesting ways to obtain, mix, gem and enchant everything.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo