Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Korean Valve Bid?

"Will Asian online game publishers Nexon and NCsoft buy blockbuster publisher Valve?" asks VentureBeat in an article based on a rumor in a "major" Korean publication. Joongang News reports Nexon and Valve met in Hawaii yesterday to discuss a possible merger. Nexon was also involved in acquisition rumors earlier this year when reports emerged it was bidding on EA. Valve's Gabe Newell has expressed no interest in selling the company when previous such rumors have emerged, but neither company has commented on this report yet.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Korean Valve Bid? Sep 27, 2012, 14:36 Dev

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 13:26:
No, what he said was, he would let the company die before being sold to "some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate." That is carefully worded to allow for many things, such as mergers on his terms. It's an important distinction to be made, although I still do an "lolwut" in reaction to this particular news tidbit.
And even in that quote you can tell his obsession with his employees health. Which is why it will never happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo