Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is Yom Kippur, which began at sundown last night. This is a day of atonement, so "happy" Yom Kippur is not appropriate: I think the proper sentiment is to wish all of you commemorating this a good an easy fast. While this is not my holiday, I'm sure I have some atoning to do, so I'll try to keep this in mind along the way.

Fast Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Shape Fold.
Links: 8 Bit Books.
Stories: Global bacon shortage 'unavoidable'. Thanks Slashdot.
NBC Is Stocking Up On Its Moneymaker The Voice: Here Come Two More Seasons.
Science: Tesla promises free solar-powered travel with new ‘Supercharger’ tech.
Fox News Climate Coverage 93% Wrong, Report Finds. An optimist would say 7% right.
Cancer death rates set for a 'dramatic fall'.
Fast-Food Logos 'Imprinted' in Children's Brains. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: The Best Contraption - Brilliance Unleashed.
“…Two Kinds of People In This World…” Thanks scorcese.fan.
Is This Truck Driver the Luckiest Man on Earth? Thanks nin.
The Funnies: The Power of Flight Cartoon - Savage Chickens.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: Global bacon shortage Sep 27, 2012, 22:42 Matshock

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 17:12:
Matshock wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 11:18:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 06:42:

Shorter Matshock: Why use the brakes?? We'll just stop anyway when we hit something!

I can purchase, maintain and use brakes as I need to just fine thank you. Brakes weren't invented by government command either- .gov didn't build that.

Here's my question- do you actually think you're part of setting command economy policy or do you only get to agree with the policies set by others?

Dude, equating smart regulation with the "command economy" like those of Soviet Russia is hyperbolic to the point of absurdity. But if you prefer your economy unfettered by regulations and laws, I hear Somalia is excepting citizenship applications. Let me know how your business ventures over there turn out.

inflation = smart regulation

I'm not leaving. I'm not obeying you- ever. Now what are you going to do?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo