[Sep 14, 2012, 10:37 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
The Guild Wars 2 Forum
offers notes for a new patch that went live today in ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel (thanks Acleacius). Here are is the change list for the new version:
- The Mistfire Wolf skill will now properly unlock for existing characters on an account after upgrading to Digital Deluxe.
- Fixed blocked events and skill challenges.
- Fixed bugs that allowed players to go around map edges.
- A number of items created by using Mystic Coins are now correctly set to level 80.
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Brute Force.”
- Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Research and Destroy.”
- Fixed bugs in story chapters “Forging the Pact,” “Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Ghost Rite,” “On Red Alert,” and “Tower Down.”
- Score interval increased from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Stonemist Castle points reduced to 35 points from 50.
- Bonus thresholds reduced by half to prepare for one-week matches.
- Castle lord, bodyguards, and capture point for Stonemist Castle moved to the first floor.
- “Harpy Feathers” consumable effect disabled.
- Bridges fixed to make passable for NPCs.
- More fixes to pet commands and AI.
- Signet of Air: No longer has infinite range.
- Whirlpool: Now works underwater in PvE.
- Glyph of Renewal: Resurrection effects of Earth, Fire, and Water now surround the caster, not the target.
- Deception: Movement now allowed after casting underwater.
- Spatial Surge: Improved responsiveness.
- Mind Stab: Improved responsiveness.
- Made several more skills usable while moving: Brutal Banner, Compassionate Banner, and Furious Rally.
- Rush: Improved the ability to hit fleeing foes.
- Mighty Blow: Added a slight movement distance.
- Bow of Truth: Now usable while moving.
- Defender’s Shield and Honorable Shield: Merged together into the same trait.
- New trait Glacial Heart: Critical hits with a hammer have a 50% chance to chill your target for 4 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 45 seconds.
- Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%.
- Disabled the “stowing” auto-attack to prevent players from getting stuck holding these kits: Bomb Kit, Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Grenade Kit, Med Kit, and Tool Kit.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched
||Sep 14, 2012, 17:04
sauron wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:33:
Axis wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 14:08:
Yes as I mentioned you throw down the Choking Gas followed by the Cluster bomb and everything in the AOE gets weakness (50% less damage 50% of the time) and lasts about 20 seconds per application on all mobs up to bosses.
It's extremely fast, and does huge dps to boot. Its hands down the most effective mitigation in the game, and one of if not the most useful tool in our belts.
Oh score! I didn't know that one either. I'm definitely bringing a shortbow as alt weapon on my Thief as well!
Well, I tried it for awhile, and it does work, but it doesn't last 20 seconds. I don't know if that's because I don't spec for conditions or whatever, but it lasts... right around 5 seconds. For that you need to do two attacks in fairly short range, and then by the time they've finally reached you the weakness is already gone again... I tried re-applying it, but that's quite a chore, and the stack really doesn't get much better. I think the longest I got it to stick was right around 8 seconds.
Duration of things really is a big gripe for GW2 (at least for me.) Everything just lasts like 2 and 3 seconds, so there's barely even any point in applying it. Yes, I know it stacks, so if 30 people are ganking a boss, those stacks add up like crazy, but when you play by yourself it seems rather pointless.
It's also quite shitty that when I daze something it lasts for all of a whole frakking SECOND, but when a Dredge dazes me, I'm standing there wobbling like an idiot for 5 seconds.
Anyway, I'm ready to play something new. My Thief is starting to get a little boring, and though I'm close to 80 (well... 62), I just need some fresh air. What's a fun class to play that rocks? I hear the Guardians are pretty awesome?