Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved

3BF3Blog has word that DICE has improved the functionality of the "Report" button on Battlelog that can be used to snitch on Battlefield 3 players who cheat, or, you know, kill you too often. They say: "DICE has improved the “Report” player functionality, which now lets users report cheaters and stats padders, and lets them submit links to Battle reports, select the soldier that’s suspected of cheating. DICE promises that reported cheaters will be manually checked by the anti-cheat team at DICE. Hopefully the system will work better this time."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Cheat Reporting Improved Sep 12, 2012, 22:34 Mordecai Walfish

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 21:39:
Dev wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 20:32:
So previously they never bothered to check them?

Why should we believe them now?

None of these companies care about cheating - and since they now control the servers and we rent them, we have zero control. If they cared, there would be a HELL of a lot more articles about it.

As it stands, they just want your money, then they turn and burn another game in 12-16 months.

This.

Great that Battlefield is finally getting proper cheater reporting.. it's only 2012 how long have they been making these games?

I do appreciate the effort, especially as someone who has had to go through the 3 ring circus that they used to expect their customers to go through to report a cheater. Even when actually getting to the proper place (with EA/dice) to report cheaters before, they had *me* e-mail people from evenbalance (Punkbuster) so it became this huge process just to report a single cheater.

I could see this having seriously deterred folks from reporting in the past! Better late than never, I guess...

And I too still like playing BF3, and will probably play quite a bit more now with proper cheat reporting in place. Bad Company 2 was also hampered by this bullshit, amongst other downsides.

Still love flying in BF3 especially though and the new balance changes are very welcome. About time attack helis got that double-flare taken away, they could be damn near unstoppable before in the right hands..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo