Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes

ArenaNet continues its post-launch tweaking of Guild Wars 2, posting patch notes for an update yesterday and another set from today. Most of the changes are bug fixes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 10, 2012, 02:20 Fion

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 22:08:
So, on a more normal topic, question about WvWvW. Played it for awhile this afternoon, it was pretty cool, though it seemed largely pointless as we kept zerging back and forth between an enemy keep and our own home base. They'd rush us, we'd get overrun, they'd follow us to our home base where we'd regroup, we'd drive them back, at which point they would retreat into the keep, and since we didn't have the manpower to break down the gate (which had at least a MILLION hitpoints. I guess it was made from the souls of the damned, or something), and back and forth and back and forth.

Anyway, it earned okay XP, and decent karma, but how the heck do you make money in WvW? I got my 50 kills for my monthly (against ~ 7 or 8 deaths, so not too bad, I think), and the grand amount of loot I got out of it was worth approximately 30 coppers. In the mean time, I spent about 10 silvers repairing my shit every time I died. So how is this a financially viable method of leveling up? Am I missing something? I got loot from only a few guys that I killed; most of them left nothing...

Is there some secret to getting rewarded in WvWvW that I'm not privy to?

Creston

I'll never understand the whole 'if it doesn't have a carrot, it isn't fun' mentality. That said, Creston if you want to enjoy World vs World I recommend finding a guild that has a presence in WvW on your server. It's a whole hell of a lot more fun that way when you have a coordinated group using siege weapons and other tactics to crush the roving zergs.

It's the servers with large WvW focused guilds that own the hell out of everyone else because use of tactics, good siege weapon placement, etc. The only downside is of course the queue times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo