Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Nerf Warning

The Diablo III Website outlines plans to nerf the Trail of Cinders rune for the Demon Hunter in the upcoming version 1.0.5 update for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel, calling the fact that it does 500% more damage than intended a bug (explained more fully here). They explain that this could be hotfixed, but will not be, even though there is no ETA at the moment for the new patch:

While this bug was discovered very quickly after 1.0.4 released and is capable of being hotfixed, we didn't want to move forward with the fix without giving players proper notice. We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds, so -- although this is an important issue we want to address -- we're opting to wait for the next client patch to make any adjustments.

We recognize that some builds which currently use Trail of Cinders will no longer be viable once this bug is fixed. Ultimately, we want to continue to provide players with more build options and ways to feel creative with their skill/gear selections, but not at the expense of going against our design goals or creating situations which can encourage players to limit themselves defensively.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 08:22 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 02:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 20:34:
Hrm, poor ToC DHs. Not that surprising though considering how crazy the damage was, for a Discipline skill. Still,the 1.05 patch probably won't be out for a month, so farm it up while you can, ToH users.

Oh well, still playing D3 occasionally, but really looking forward to Borderlands 2/Torchlight 2.

I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over a year ago, not sure about the rest of you guys but I've utterly lost interest in any SC2 'expansions' they are going to attempt to sell at +$40.

The sad thing is, it doesn't even seem like Blizzard is intentionally trying to hamper players' enjoyment, it's like they just don't even understand how to make a fun game or something. Nobody thinks .0000001% drop rates are fun, Blizzard. Also, screw the AHs.

All the talent that made Blizzard what it was, is long gone. Plain and simple. They were never good at project management even then, now that it takes them 7 years to put out garbage they've kinda become a laughing stock imo.

Now it's gonna be at least 2 1/2 years of HoTS. This is getting embarrassing. It's been 99% done since June - it's just spit and polish now. LOL. What's the point - they'll still patch it like crazy anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo