Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 31, 2012, 15:39 Flatline

killer_roach wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 03:21:
JeffD wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 02:36:
Lack of game support. The obscene price of the memory sticks. The cost of the unit itself. The lockdown on the number of users per device (ie. . 1 user). Now the lockdown of 1 user to a memory stick so you can't share memory sticks. The hardware is great but every single other aspect of it fucking sucks and you are only hurting the industry by giving sony money for this pile of crap.

Only one handheld gaming unit has gotten it right imo... the ipod touch/iphone.

The iTouch/iPhone is a complete piece of shit when it comes to gaming, the iTouch in particular (<2 hour battery life in gaming, overheating issues, software stability issues... I speak from experience as an iTouch 4th Gen owner). The only thing it has going for it is cheap games, but most of them are cases where you get what you pay for.

We're still not seeing mobile phones specced to the level of the Vita (not even the Optimus G, although that will have a faster CPU... the GPU, on the other hand...), the problem is that the market has become too used to disposable gaming for the handheld segment and Sony isn't seemingly willing to do what Nintendo does to push their handhelds - namely, rape the ever-loving hell out of their IP portfolio in the hopes of appealing to nostalgia.

That being said, it seems as though mobile gaming has been effectively taken over by the casual crowd. Shame, really, but this is the ADHD Generation we're talking about.

Or, you know, we all grew up. If I'm at home, I don't need a mobile gaming console. If I'm in line for something, I don't have 30 minutes to spend on a really good game session. If I'm traveling, I have a laptop, tablet, music player, e-reader, and phone loaded with 30 different games that cost me as much as *one* Vita game.

Vita and the 3ds just don't compete any more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo