Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced

The Bethesda Blog announces Hearthfire, a DLC pack coming to the Xbox 360 edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on September 4th. The announcement does not mention other platforms, but this and Dawnguard were both announced as 30-day Xbox exclusives, so this is not unexpected. This short trailer accompanies this announcement:

With Skyrim’s newest game add-on, Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire releases on Xbox LIVE next week (September 4th) for 400 Microsoft Points.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:36 Ratty

Jivaro wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:46:
A console DLC. I doubt PC users are going to see much need for this. Honestly, I have zero problem with that. I am a PC user, but I will take the mod community, the CK, and the mods over DLC any day. Every single piece of DLC for this game could be console only and I wouldn't care. The community can do better and often does. (of course, you have to sift through the crap too, but hey..nothing is perfect!)
Absolutely true. There are quite a few excellent mods now for player homes, from the modest to the opulent. A few let you customize aspects of it, and at least one lets you build it from the ground up. It will be interesting to see how Bethesda's measures up to the best of the mods already out there.

Let the XBoxers have this one. I guess if I had to grump it would be that they're wasting time that could be spent on the next meaty, questy DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo