Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Launches

GuildWars2.com announces the official launch of Guild Wars 2, following a few days of early access to ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel. For those getting underway, this post has links to the game's Online Manual and a tutorial video to help you out. Word is:

Enter the ever-changing fantasy world of Tyria, where you control the story and your actions shape the world around you! With action-oriented combat, deep personal storylines, epic dynamic events, world-class PvP, and no subscription fees, Guild Wars 2 defines the future of online roleplaying games.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 10:26 Verno

Been having a blast in the headstart, I didn't approach it as WoW and this definitely helped. It's kind of amusing watching just how badly conditioned players are to the "stand still and spam butan" MMO combat model, I watched a Veteran mob wipe the floor with about 6 people last night. I approach it more like an ARPG with MMO trappings and find it pretty damned fun.

My thief is at level 14 and my Guardian is 15. Still can't decide which one I want to play going forward, they are both damned fun. Done a lot of exploration, its nice to see things exist without a seeming purpose or quest hub. I found some crazy underwater cavern with jumping puzzles and stuff last night. I'd encourage people to get out there beyond the renown heart stuff, there is a lot of hidden stuff to find.

Overall the launch has been pretty good but they have some stuff to work out:

- Guilds over 250 members are broken, invites stop working at that point
- Trading Post is always down, fix this shit please
- Party invites across instances are wonky
- A few event triggers are bugged, most likely from a player starting them and logging out.

Not sure, I was on most of yesterday and Sunday. On the Server Maguuma. I know that Verno said hes playing on this server. Not sure about anyone else. Made lv 22 and stopped for the night.

I am indeed on Maguuma with Starfleet Dental. The Blues guild is on Tarnished Coast but it doesn't really matter which specific server you are on, you can belong to multiple guilds across different servers. The only thing you can't do is WvWvW with a cross-server guild.

Server transfers are free for the first week too so people can always change their mind to hop back and forth to play with friends.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo