Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

There was a commotion outside in the wee hours of the morning, which turned out to be a bunch of fire engines, one of which settled right in front of our house, since we are guardians of a fire hydrant. We haven't found out what happened yet, but it must have been pretty routine, as they didn't hang around too long, and it's obvious nobody's house burned down. The weird thing is that someone hit a siren as they drove off, which seemed like an odd way to depart the scene of such a call, especially at 2:00 am, but if I had a siren like that I'd be using it whenever I could too.

Loud Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: I Bet You Can't Name All 50 Of These Famous Bills. 48/50. Thanks nin via Kotaku.
Reign of Centipede.
Stories: Indy 4, Star Wars Ep1 Are Biggest Letdowns.
Man killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting. Plan fail/camouflage success.
Images: Lytro Camera Produces Amazing, Interactive Pictures.
Media: Watch A Woman With A Stuck Accelerator Weave Through Traffic. Thanks Devicer.
GeekSquad Fail.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Follow-up: 'Neil Armstrong - Moon Truthers Mourn a Legend.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2012, 17:57 MisterBenn

robdot wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:35:
it is completely impossible for any car made, for the engine to overpower the brakes. this has been proven over and over. it cant be done. its always operator error.

I had this exact problem (accelerator stuck) a month after passing my test while growing up. I was in a Golf at the time driving down country lanes in Devon, doing like 50 or 60 mph. After panicking for a bit and catching the car up in front, I tried putting it in neutral but thought it might damage the engine to rev like that. I put it back in gear then discovered that yes, the brakes were far stronger. It's definitely reasonable to expect an experienced driver to work out what to do.

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo