Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Reports of evacuations in New Orleans due to Tropical Storm Isaac certainly bring back scary memories, especially with the predictions it may be a hurricane when it finds land some time tomorrow. I was surprised to realize by way of the news about this that Wednesday is the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, as it seems more recent than that. Here's hoping that all the time that's passed has been used to better protect that area from the possible ravages of the storm.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Tiny Evolution Adventure.
Science: Researchers develop sci-fi helmet that creates an alternative reality.
The other fall election- Robot Hall of Fame opens voting to the public.
Media: Fail Compilation August 2012.
Detroit man wins all the toys from carnival games prizes. Thanks Videosift.
Golfer Bubba Watson Video Bombs Sports Reporter.
The Funnies: xkcd- Vows.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2012, 21:51 DNForever

I don't totally agree on flooding being avoidable. A bad enough storm or too much precipitation on the wrong hilly area can create a flood almost anywhere.

Floods are also really scary and dangerous in person. I've seen way too many flash floods here in Pittsburgh. People regularly die in them.

But knowing that weather is the one thing humans will never control, there's some solace in that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo