Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2012, 07:07 space captain

In a Saturday post on Google+, Gutierrez describes sitting in a Starbucks, and overhearing four separate groups of people make the same conclusion about the Apple-Samsung verdict: that the two companies are effectively one and the same.

“They don’t know the details, they don’t really care, what they know is Apple is saying that Samsung is the same as Apple,” he writes. “And with one simple Google Search, you get prices that are basically half for what seems to be the same products.”

The highly publicized trial involved Apple accusing Samsung of patent infringement.

Two of the four groups that Gutierrez encountered asked him about his Samsung QX410 laptop and Galaxy phone. One husband-and-wife duo expressed shock at the former’s comparatively cheap retail price tag of $700.

The couple even considered returning their iPad after looking up Samsung’s tablet online, according to the post.

“‘Samsung’s iPad is the same as Apple’s iPad, and I paid how much for the Apple one? Honey, I told you they were a rip-off,’” the husband said.

Another man said the verdict made him “‘think twice’” about the amount he paid for his MacBook.

In an ironic twist, Samsung’s loss could be its gain, Gutierrez concludes: “Best billion dollar ad campaign Samsung ever had.”

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo