Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Iron Sky Game Plans

A video game is in development to tie-in with Iron Sky, reports The Hollywood Reporter, saying this adaptation of this sci-fi comedy film from Finnish director Timo Vuorensola described as "Nazis on the moon." is expected this November for Windows, OS X, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 from Polish developer Reality Pump and publisher TopWare, a German company, which is a bit of surprise given Germany's general unwillingness to allow the use of Nazi symbols in media such as video games. Here's word:

The game will follow the pulp fiction plot of the film, in which a colony of Nazis living on the dark side of the moon begin an invasion of the earth. Players will act as a space pilot in the intergalactic battle, joining forces with either the Nazi invaders or earth's defense force. The Polish studio Reality Pump will develop the game for Topware. Samuli Torssonen, visual effects supervisor on the film, will provide visual effects for the game through his Helsinki-based Troll studio.

Iron Sky Invasion will be available for Mac, PC, XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 and Topware said it plans to release both a standard edition for around 40 - 50 ($50 - $62) and a special "Gotterdammerung" edition for between 60 - 70 ($74 - $86).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Iron Sky Game Plans Aug 20, 2012, 14:38 theyarecomingforyou

I genuinely enjoyed the movie. It was obviously over the top but it made some very astute political observations, while being incredibly funny/amusing. The production quality and direction was excellent - a lot better than I expected for an indie film. It's quite refreshing to have a film so critical of the US.

I'm interested to see what they do with a game, though I can't say my expectations are particularly high.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo