Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo Creator on Diablo III

An interview on IncGamers talks with David Brevik of Gazillion Entertainment about Diablo III, getting the co-founder of Blizzard North's impressions of the latest version of the series he helped originate. He offers a perspective on how the game was impacted by the loss of the company's action/RPG knowledgebase with the closure of Blizzard North and how the third game in the series more reflects the tastes and experiences of Blizzard South, and verges on schadenfreude in describing part of his mixed feelings about how it ultimately turned out: "I am also a little happy, which I hate to say, it shows that the people that were involved in Diablo really did matter, and so I am happy that it has come to light that how talented that group was and how unique and special that group was. I am hoping that, as this happens very often in the industry, you see it with Call of Duty and things like that, when the people leave the game changes and it shows how critical people are in this industry."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 20, 2012, 04:38 InBlack

durandal wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 03:59:
...and here's the responses from Diablo 3 devs to David.
http://imgur.com/wfySr

"Fuck that loser" comment is from the Game Director. Shocked

Oh and Senior Technical Artist Harrington would like to *LIKE* that comment more than once...

I cant read the interview as incgamers is down at the moment but that comment from Jay is uncalled for, its also very honest as it shows how arrogant that asshat really is and how greatly he cares about the legacy of the series.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo