Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 18, 2012, 12:16 wtf_man

Ignoring the typical Apple hatred...

As one said... the price of Apple products are pretty much the same online vs. the store.

What also makes the stores successful is that they hold classes for the computer illiterate that just bought their new mac (or other apple product), and these people can go in and get pointers at any time from that staff. Unlike other electronic outlets, Apple employees have to know their product. While some of them still can't answer more advanced questions of a visiting IT person... they have more than enough knowledge for the average consumer. This is a level of service that no other electronics retail outlet has.

Another thing that makes the stores successful... they are set up to let you play with all of their products. The products pretty much sell themselves without any employee pressure. They are trained to ask you once, if you need any help or have any questions... and if you say no... they leave you alone, and let you fiddle with the product. You might get more than one asking you because they didn't see the other employee ask you... but once they ask you, they don't bug you.

That said... Yes, they are overstaffed, IMO. They could maintain the same level of service, easily, with a 20% reduction. I mean... it's like watching road workers... one with a jackhammer and 3 others standing around and watching him work. I'm not saying that it is like that all day long in an Apple store... I'm sure they have their "rush hours" where all of their employees are fairly busy... but for the majority of the day, they probably are overstaffed, in most of the stores.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2012, 13:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo