Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch

The Kickstarter Campaign for Shadowrun Online concludes in under 24 hours, and Cliffhanger Productions' cross-platform action game needs to raise about 80 grand in that time to reach its funding goals. There's also a new trailer showing off the game's character creation system. Here's the last minute pitch for support:

Says Jan Wagner, co-founder of Cliffhanger Productions: ‘The project has been the subject of some controversy amongst players, but we have tried to address the questions and concerns of the fans. There were some misconceptions based on our initial presentation, but we have made a point of engaging people directly and explaining to them the ambitious concept behind our game. In these last days on Kickstarter we have seen an overwhelmingly positive feedback for our new video and gameplay concepts. We are really unbelievably grateful for the enthusiastic community, which has grown around the campaign. I want to invite everyone who is skeptical to risk a second look at our Kickstarter page and see the rich potential the game has to offer. It is just a click away and it could mean the difference between seeing this project created or not. We call on all Shadowrun fans to help us make this game happen!’

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Shadowrun Online Kickstarter Homestretch Aug 13, 2012, 21:45 Kitkoan

I'm not surprised its having issues getting funding. I was interested in it myself... until I saw the game play. It looks exactly like a tactics game just made to be online, aka Final Fantasy Tactics, Fallout 1 and 2. While those are great games on their own they are also a bit more of a niche market. And they are also offline games.

All in all, it looked just like a offline single player game that is having always-online DRM being shoved down peoples throats all while trying not to appear that way. You know, Diablo 3 but with strictly single player game play styles. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm doubting I'm the only one who has felt that way about it

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo