Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Steam Community Features Coming

Valve announces what they are calling a "major update" to the Steam Community, saying this will enter beta testing soon, and that in the meantime they will be making daily announcements of new features that will be part of this. Today's update announces the addition of "Game Hubs," and here's word:

This update focuses on highlighting and enabling the best user-created screenshots, videos, and Workshop items for games across Steam while making it easier for the community to discuss their favorite games.

Every game on Steam will have a new Game Hub. The Hubs highlight the most popular user-created screenshots, videos, and Steam Workshop items as rated by the community and combine it with related news, discussions, and comments for the game all in one central location.

"The New Steam Community is all about showing off the best content that gamers have created," says Emily Kent at Valve. "With over 89 million screenshots, videos, Steam Workshop maps, levels, mods, and items, plus news articles and product updates, the community has created an unbelievable wealth of content around their favorite games."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: New Steam Community Features Coming Aug 14, 2012, 00:09 theyarecomingforyou

Techie714 wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 16:33:
I pride myself on the artistic screen shots I take. I'll have to post one sometime. If you're on my steam friends list check them out some time. I spend hours trying to get them just right & do some post processing. My Sniper Elite V2 ones are the newest.
Yeah, I like taking decent screenshots that show off games (either the graphics, progress or a particular element). I don't do any post-processing though.

Dev wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 18:47:
I haven't found that to be the case. I've never gotten banned for criticizing specific games on steam forums. In fact, I've sometimes gotten dev responses saying they would try to patch a game. Maybe its because I try to give constructive feedback and criticism.
Yeah, same. I was very critical of RAGE and posted a lot in the Steam Forums without any issue. I always make sure my posts aren't personal or excessive (repeating the same point too often).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo