Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Europa Universalis IV Announced

Paradox Interactive reveals development of Europa Universalis IV is underway, and the grand strategy sequel is due in Q3 2013. Here is the announcement trailer, and there are previews of the game on Kotaku, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, and Strategy Informer where there are screenshots and further details. Here is a feature list from the video description::

Prepare to join a worldwide community of over half a million players and experience the drama and tension that only the grand stage of history can provide. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed "Crusader Kings II", Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new -- each yours for the taking.

Main Features:

• Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible.
  • Use your Monarch Power: In this new system, a leader's traits will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
  • Experience history come to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events.
  • Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D.
  • Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers in the all-new trade system.
  • Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system.
  • Go online and battle against your friends in a newall-new multiplayer gameplay that features hot-join, improved chat, a new matchmaking server and support for a standalone server.
  • Create your own history and customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Europa Universalis IV Announced Aug 10, 2012, 17:34 nutshell42

I used to just buy these games at launch. They were shit but you could rely on Paradox to fix them over the next year and your money was simply an investment.

Nowadays they sell you those patches for money and I'm just gonna wait for the complete edition (as opposed to the Complete Edition which is not complete at all, at least in the EU3 case) a few years down the road.

Score one for greed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo