Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 Verno

I think the difference between Microsoft and Apple is that Microsoft is an enterprise company who dabbles in consumer things while Apple is a consumer company who has zero interest in workspace/enterprise stuff. The real threat to Microsoft is Google as they are the ones actively trying to undermine Windows/Office and to a lesser extent Active Directory. Apple does not give a shit about the enterprise and only focuses on consumer products for the most part. This allows them to be pretty nimble as they are structured around essentially one to two major products at a time. Microsoft on the other hand has a serious problem as their internal culture crushes innovation, promotes career posturing antics and is ridiculously middle management heavy. They know that they can shit out crappy versions of Windows until the end of time though, there is nothing else in the enterprise space to dislodge them. Consumer Windows is far less important and Apple still hasn't made a serious dent in that.

The Xbox is their only real success in the consumer market these days and even that is more of a result of throwing money at the market until it stuck. They still face two large competitors and now a public with heavily divided attention spans due to the ever increasing number of ways we get our entertainment.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo