Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2012, 21:32 Beamer

eunichron wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 19:53:
Beamer wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 17:28:
As others said, it would be nice if it forced 1080p, but even then... did Halo 3 look significantly worse than any other game because of its resolution? I'd argue no, even on a giant TV. I'd be ok with the system dropping to lower resolutions in favor of more fluid action for certain games. (Halo 3, for the record, looked worse due to its morbidly low poly count. But decent lighting and particle effects seemed to have made plenty of people miss that.)

My PC is near top of the line, about the only thing keeping it from being "extreme" level is lack of SLI. I can run BF3 with everything except AA totally maxed (I keep AA around 2x) at 1920x1080 and still average 70 FPS. The lowest I ever see it dip is 50-55... however, my PC is a $3,000 system, and obviously the Xbox 720 isn't going to have the same level of hardware so that it can keep costs down. If you take into consideration that consoles are built for a single purpose and so don't require the 'extra' power to achieve the same performance, it would be perfectly feasible to build a $500 console that can still do 60 FPS at 1080p, 30 FPS at 1080p would be an absolute minimum.

Yes. You can run nearly every game out today at 60fps. Fantastic. And every Xbox 720 game should run at 60fps at launch. Sure.

But what about 3 years later? 5 years later? Should every game look like BF3 so that your PC can keep near 60fps?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo