Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Thanks to the DayZ Mod, three year-old shooter Arma II continues to dominate the weekly list of bestselling games on  Steam:

1. Arma II
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Left 4 Dead 2
  4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  5. Orcs Must Die! 2
  6. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
  7. Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  8. BioShock Collection
  9. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  10. Batman: Arkham City

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 17:47 Raptor

You need Operation Arrowhead in addition then to be able to play DayZ (which is frecking amazing even with the bugs and typical OFP/ARMA clunkyness)

Bugs wise, DayZ is Alpha so you know what to expect.
Arma II - worst bug is dying when crawling over things like rocks or tree branches. Doesn't seem to be fixed at all, or maybe just some of the missions/islands still have it badly.
In DayZ I haven't broken any bones or died because of it, but I've heard reports.

Had a funny server today - people were talking about picking up strangers with a chopper they fixed/found.
According to the chat, nobody was actually backstabbed and people had fun. This is something a lot of people report on not existing anymore for some reason. I was in an UK server, so could be just that the people there weren't twats?

But as a whole, I don't have any compaints about how it plays in Alpha, most problematic currently is that you shouldn't leave your main rifle in the backpack when you log out, but the last time it didn't dissapear for me, so it's 50/50, the sidearm has survived several logons already though.
Other than that, there's a few clitches here and there as one could expect, but at the alpha state this little mod already outperforms (I think most) games I've played in the recent years when it comes to immersion and heart rate.
Massively tense moments, encounters with Zeds and other players (friendly and hostile)

Oh and I haven't died since the update which removed pistol as the starting weapon, so I'm not sure how bad it is to survive your first spawn without one, but one should be careful I suppose not to run into big cities and get picked off by bandits.
It's interesting how well this mod simulates what would most likely happen in real life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo