Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2012, 14:52 m0deth

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:13:
“I never had that confidence and I was always reluctant to get in any deeper.”

Chafee’s comments are made easier to swallow by a report from earlier in the week in which Schilling admitted Copernicus wasn’t up to scratch. In the same interview, Schilling admitted to bit spending; a Harvard Business School report estimated the company spent well beyond its start-up means; $705,000 on “travel and entertainment” for two years, for example.

“38 Studios was hemorrhaging cash – our cash,” former Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation boss Saul Kaplan said.

“The thing that is most amazing to me is their burn rate was about $5 million a month all through 2011, heading into 2012, and it didn’t slow down even when they knew they were running out of cash.”

No wonder they're being investigated. Sounds like the mucky mucks at 38 rather enjoyed living like rockstars whilst the rank and file couldn't even get their basic costs covered. Disgusting.

It's worse in some cases for some of those people that worked there. My sister in law told me that not long ago, she felt bad and ended up buying groceries for one of those families(this was before it all hit the fan)after walking my niece over there to play with their daughter. I guess they lived a block or so down the road.

The employee of 38 had not been paid his salary in two months, and their family of five had moved from out of state, no family here, no support, and no pay. Now they are totally screwed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo