Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness

One of the reasons for adding co-op to the Dead Space series in Dead Space 3 is how "scary" the first two games are, EA tells MCV, though they are carefully parsing their language about this in not saying the new game will be any less scary than its forebears. "We were hearing feedback that they love the thriller game, but it was pretty scary, and the obvious next step was that they wanted to play with someone. So we introduced co-op into the game," EA Gamesí marketing boss Laura Miele tells them. "The horror of Dead Space is still all there. Itís still true to its roots and no less scary, but people felt far more comfortable playing it with someone else than they did doing it on their own. "

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness Jul 22, 2012, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Space 1 and 2 are two of my all time favorite games, I'm somewhat ashamed to say. Everybody pans them for being more shooty than scary, etc. but regardless I still enjoyed the hell out of both of them. I'm playing through Dead Space 2 for the umpteenth time right now, when I'm not playing Warlock or D3 or Krater.

Guaranteed buy for me, possibly not day 1 if they start pulling a lot of same day DLC nonsense/weird pricing schemes. This series has traditionally gone on extreme sales on the PC a few months after release.(under 10 dollars for sure) I may end up waiting a little, but I will DEFINITELY get it. Many of my regular gaming buddies like the series too, and I'll probably do a little coop unless it is completely intolerable.

System Shock 2 vs any of the Dead Space games isn't exactly a fair comparison, imo. That was what, like 1999? Before the industry took off and games became ridiculous multi-million dollar boondoggles. Look to the indie scene for more frightening games(Amnesia).

*EDIT* oops a couple people already mentioned Amnesia, my bad

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo