Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The WarZ Announced

A new interview on IGN talks with the developers of The War Z, a zombie MMORPG in development at Hammerpoint Interactive for release this year. They discuss various aspects of how gameplay works as well as their business model, which will involve a one-time purchase and microtransactions. They also ask the obvious questions of how the success of the DayZ mod has influenced them, and here's part of the response to that: "So short answer while we began developing our game before DayZ, we've been encouraged by fact that DayZ has become so popular. And yes, of course some of our latest design decisions were influenced by the DayZ community forums." The game is currently in the alpha stage, and they say that closed beta testing should begin soon, which will be offered to some of those who sign up and to all of those who pre-order the game.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: The WarZ Announced Jul 20, 2012, 07:00 Will W

space captain wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 00:49:
should make an MMO about boobs... they never go out of style

I'm interested in playing this...you should flesh it out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo