Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts?

Rich Vogel has left BioWare, where he was serving as executive producer on Star Wars: The Old Republic, reports Gamasutra, where they say their attempts to get a comment from BioWare or EA on the reasons for this have so far been unsuccessful. They also say this news comes amid rumors of layoffs at BioWare Austin, but it is not clear whether these reports of job losses at the developer of the Star Wars MMORPG are related to the cuts announced in May, though Gamasutra adds it "understands that Vogel's departure preceded the purported layoffs." Thanks Joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 18:23 Axis

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 17:48:
Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 17:34:
Here's my opinion - don't listen to testers then please go ahead and die.

We won't miss you plenty of other developers DO listen.

THATS the big difference these days, developers think they know WTF is up when in fact they're a bunch of snub noses without the balls to stand up to anyone including publishers or themselves when it's obvious to many something is wrong.

SWTOR, D3, and up-comming GW2 all suffer this same problem - people in droves give good solid feedback on the problems, and they are ignored because the devs think they know better.

Die off, goodbye. Tired of being nice about this piss on them we don't need your game.

I'm not sure what your beef is with GW2 but from what I've played of it so far during BWE's it's actually above and beyond most pay monthly MMO's. Dynamic events, World events where everyone who contributes get's rewarded rather than just a couple lucky dice rollers. Great graphics, skills that change depending on equipment.

Sure it doesn't follow the same exact systems along the lines of skills as GW 1 did but honestly I actually prefer how 2 handles skills to be honest.

I posted plenty of constructive feedbacks in their forum which have been likely ignored (almost all their feedbacks have been ignored). I don't care to prove points -- right now the game is destined for an early death. About 2 months after it's release come on back here and read my comments.

GW2 is a shallow game. Faddy crap people expect to see - stuff that will make the gameplay semi-enjoyable for a month, bearable for the 2nd, then dead.

GW2 isnt Guildwars. You can't make a "sequel" and gut every gameplay mechanic and character customization that made the original... Original!

GW1 - character specialization pve for hardcore pvp
GW2 - Faddy mmo pve with silly pvp.

Dead. that is all. Don't need to agree it's fact, and arenanet won't be listening so count on it.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo