Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sony to Acquire Gaikai

Sony Computer Entertainment announces they are acquiring Gaikai in a deal worth approximately USD $380 million, confirming rumors they were planning to purchase the cloud-gaming service co-founded by industry veteran Dave Perry. "By combining Gaikai's resources including its technological strength and engineering talent with SCE's extensive game platform knowledge and experience, SCE will provide users with unparalleled cloud entertainment experiences," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "SCE will deliver a world-class cloud-streaming service that allows users to instantly enjoy a broad array of content ranging from immersive core games with rich graphics to casual content anytime, anywhere on a variety of internet-connected devices."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Sony to Acquire Gaikai Jul 3, 2012, 09:26 necrosis

I never understood this streaming gaming idiocy.

Instead of throwing money at a high powered computer rig you throw your money at your ISP so you don't have a slow as hell net connection. Nevermind the fact I have not seen a ISP who increases your bandwidth cap (if there is one) on the faster speed tiers. So you only pay to blow through your cap faster.

Not to mention the games look like piss because the graphics are cut back like crazy to stream them. Latency and input lag on top of all that.

I am really getting sick of all this 'cloud this, and cloud that' yet no one is doing one damned thing about how we get to said 'cloud'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo