Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear

Blizzard announces a new patch is now live for Diablo III in the Americas, updating their action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.3a. The new version addresses several bugs and also reduces the amount of "wear-and-tear" damage to items by 50% (not to be confused with the 10% item endurance death penalty).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 28, 2012, 09:24 Verno

I think the large drop in player base and huge amounts of feedback they received are finally starting to hit home. That's a post by Bashiok about a supposed new design approach they are going to take. The history is that the 4 piece Natalya Set Bonus was a piece of crap that did 0.3 discipline a second for Demon Hunters. This was supposed to be a really nice, ilvl 61 crazy gear set that you spend a year collecting. In patch 1.0.3 they accidentally buffed it to 300%, so something like 3 discipline per second. People were concerned that they would collect or buy it, only to have it nerfed.

Blizzard finally responded by saying they aren't going to change any existing drops (finally) and that they are going to change their approach to how they embrace and balance things like it in the future. I'm really happy about that change and I think it was necessary, it is one thing to change someones skills, they expect the games subsystems to shift around a bit. It's quite another to change the gear they collected or bought, that's a deal breaker with many people. I'm hoping this whole episode means embracing more of a "let players kick back and enjoy themselves" design approach as opposed to ECONOMY BALANCE NERFNERF!!!!

First really encouraging D3 news I've heard in awhile, I hope there's more to come.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo