Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear

Blizzard announces a new patch is now live for Diablo III in the Americas, updating their action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.3a. The new version addresses several bugs and also reduces the amount of "wear-and-tear" damage to items by 50% (not to be confused with the 10% item endurance death penalty).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 08:03 InBlack

Julio wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:35:
InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:20:
All in all the game is progressing in a good direction.

Have to completely disagree, I've quit after the fiasco that was patch 1.03.

They increased the feeling the game is like being at work, with grinding out less 'take home' gold due to excessive repair costs from wear and tear from mob killing. Pre-1.03, I might have had one drop that was better than what was on the AH. Then patch 1.03 lowered the drop rate of rare items as well, making it more likely you have to go to the AH for gear.

And with the RMAH opening, good gear started to shift over there. So pay-to-win for the RMAH and grind ever devaluing gold for the gold AH became the way Blizzard wanted us to play.

No thanks. I'm sure the player base is dropping like flies, and Diablo 4 is going to be a tough sell.

I got my 100+ hours out of Diablo 3 (stopped as a Barbarian on Inferno Act 3), but if I was to do it over again...I'd wait for a huge price discount on Diablo 3 since it has zero longevity.

I understand the bad feelings I really do, the DH and Barbarian really got hit the worst, but hey here is a patch which will lower the wear and tear costs and yet the high death penalty will remain (as it should be). In all other respects patch 1.03 is an improvement over what went before. The drop rates from champion and elite packs are higher than ever (I switch to MF gear and regularly get 3-4 yellows per elite pack)

I just dont get the boohooing over gold though. Thats the most fucked up subjective argument ever. So people were okay with items costing over 100Milion Gold??? Really? Gold was becoming so worthless because all the gold sinks in the game were shitty, and now that there is a valid and good gold sink people bitch yet again.

What a load of shit. Before 1.03 I knew that there was no hope for me to use the AH to buy a better bow, prices were inflating way faster than I could ever farm gold or loot, and now that they fixed this what? Boohoo some more? Fuck that.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo