Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This morning Hudson the wonder dog alerted us to the presence of some people in the yard, though she wasn't in full-on alert mode: This was more like "your friends who are allowed in the yard are here." This is because it was the third visit in a short span from the tree guys who were unexpectedly hauling more debris out of our yard. They explained that they were told their Friday job called to complain they had not done an adequate clean-up, and they assumed it was us because their other job was just a light trimming. I assured them that they had done a bang-up job, and we had lodged no complaints. Today I'll call their boss and tell them how great they were, just to set the record straight.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sugar Sugar 2.
Zomboz 2.
Links: Boobsdontworkthatway.tumblr.com. Thanks Reddit.
Stories: Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, hospitalized after mild heart attack.
"No More Batman Movies" Says Nolan's Wife.
'Little Jerry Seinfeld,' chicken mascot for weekend, finds a new home for life.
Science: Your Brain on a Magic Trick. Thanks j.c.f.
Study predicts more hot spells in Southern California. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: The Prometheus Science Training School.
Michael Moschen: Juggling Rhythm and Motion.
The Funnies: Brevity.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2012, 10:19 kanniballl

Blue couldn't finish typing, because as he got to that sentence he realized the Tree guys were actually home-invaders and they silenced him.

Seriously though, without reading the rest of the post... that is one of the things I'd be wary off. You hire some guys to do something: tree stuff, roof stuff, security-system stuff, etc. then they know the layout of your home and perhaps your schedule.

Having them "stop by" unannounced would give me pause to wonder what they were doing there.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo