Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report of the 10 bestselling games on their Steam service for this past week:

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  2. Arma II: Combined Operations
  3. Deus Ex: Collections
  4. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2
  6. Max Payne 3
  7. The Elder Scrolls V" Skyrim
  8. Deus Ex: Human Revolutions
  9. Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
  10. Torchlight II

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2012, 07:37 jimnms

There is one thing I miss from Civ IV, and that is the colony thing. Although I think to form a colony in IV the city/cities had to be on a separate continent. I remember in a Civ IV game I didn't have a resource I needed, but there was some on a small unclaimed island. I sent over a settler, made a city, turned it into a colony so I could get the resource without the negatives of an extra city to maintain.

I'm in a similar situation in my current Civ V G&K game. I just researched iron working which reveals iron on the map. As my luck goes, there is no iron in my borders. There is one source two blocks outside the border of my capitol, but it's too far out to buy the tiles and I don't think the borders will expand any farther. I want that iron, but it's in a shitty location and not worth putting a city there just to get it.

I had an idea for a unit like a settler, but instead of making a city it would put up a mining colony so that you can get resources from outside your borders in unclaimed territory without having to build a new city. It wouldn't have territory borders, but it would have a range around the colony that would let you mine/farm the resources in its range. The farther from your border, the more expensive to build and/or maintain. It also can't defend itself, so you would need to guard it from barbarians and other civs.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo