Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans

The Legend of Grimrock Website has an update on what's up at Almost Human as the work on post-release support for their dungeon-crawler. They mention the developers' lives have been made easier by the acquisition of proper rigs, and talks of how pleasantly surprised they are at the game's success, which is allowing them the luxury of some time to sort out what their next project will be, a process that brought them back to where they started: "It took us some time to evaluate these but in the end we realized that building our own games is the reason why we are here and the success of Grimrock tells us that it is a good reason. So we’re committed to keep working on Grimrock and see where that road leads us. The exact form, whether it be an expansion, a full blown sequel or even something completely different, is still undecided. Frankly, we were a bit exhausted with the whole concept of grid-based games after working so intensely for a year but as some time has passed we now think that we have more to give to this genre." In the meantime they continue to work on the editor, and there's a progress report on that as well.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans Jun 20, 2012, 15:25 jacobvandy

I did finish it... Overall was very cool, lots of puzzles and hidden areas/loot to find. However the combat was quite tedious, and in the latter sections of the game enemies constantly respawn and don't give you the freedom to just hang around and explore the nooks and crannies of exponentially more complex areas. Couldn't really find secrets at that point unless you stumbled upon them, so I knew I was missing things in practically being forced to move on, which really irked me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo