Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Specs; Founders Program Tomorrow

A recent Official Developer Update for MechWarrior Online discusses where beta testing stands for the upcoming mech combat game, saying keys for the test are being sent out, and that tomorrow they will launch a founder's program that will guarantee entrance into the beta. Piranha Games also now offers system specifications (thanks Softpedia via Zarkonis), though they also warn the minimum may be too minimal at this time:

MechWarrior Online Minimum System Spec:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz / Athlon II X2 245e
GPU: GeForce 8800GT / Radeon HD 5600/5700
RAM: 4 GB
DirectX: DX9
HDD Space: 4 GB

MechWarrior Online Recommended System Spec:

CPU: Core i3-2500 / AMD Athlon II X4 650
GPU: GeForce GTX 285 / Radeon HD 5830
RAM: 8 GB
DirectX: DX9
HDD Space: 4 GB

Right now a duo core system is our minimum spec machine but it is also our main focus of concern. It is playable on those specifications and I have tested it myself but it is currently very much a minimum spec type of experience running on low-detail settings. Itís obvious that a Quad core system is the key as even the earliest Core 2 Quad systems run the game very well and it is our goal (since there are still so many out there), to optimize the Core 2 Duo systems to run much faster.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Specs; Founders Program Tomorrow Jun 19, 2012, 01:08 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 22:17:
I dunno. Hard to get excited without a campaign to play through either SP or Coop.

The fact that it's F2P does more harm in my mind than it being MP only.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo