Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the top 10 bestselling games for the past week on Steam, Valve's digital delivery service:

1. Arma II: Combined Operations
  2. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  3. Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  4. Max Payne 3
  5. Crusader Kings II Collection
  6. F.E.A.R. 3
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  8. Counter-Strike: Source
  9. Cities XL 2012
  10. Torchlight II

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 18, 2012, 15:24 Crustacean Soup

Like Endless Space, but with a couple issues so far.

There's no easy way to set up chokepoints or to intercept or block enemies once they get warp; they can just sail over to your worlds, and you need to play whack-a-mole to keep up. This is dealt with in Civ and Galciv, but in here you can't interact with ships in-transit, so there's no way to intercept or block them.

I also don't like the combat. It's fun the first few times, but I'd like to just play my cards and get it over with instead of having to watch the same cinematic over and over and over. Auto resolve very often performs much worse than the fleet would in manual mode, so it's not a great alternative.

Diplomacy with the AIs also seems pretty simple and lifeless compared to the Civs and Galciv 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo