Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfixes and More

The Diablo III Website outlines some new hotfixes applied to Diablo III. These once again carry a warning that these note may contain spoilers for anyone who has not completed the action/RPG, but this is a generic warning that doesn't really apply in this case. Gold drops form ash post and vases have been nerfed, leading to complaints that this prevents players from being able to farm them as before for the gold required to buy the items from the auction house required to play the game at the hardest levels, which seems illustrative of some balance issues yet to be worked out. Also, the I am (we are) Diablo III thread on Reddit is live where game designers Wyatt Cheng, Andrew Chambers, and Jay Wilson all discuss the present and future of the game.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 12:25 PropheT

wonkawonka wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 04:25:
I had no problem obliterating normal with my DH without ever using the auction house. It's only by act II Nightmare that it became impossible to ignore. Essentially Blizzard is saying "you can win the game normally without the AH". And that is really just stupid. Having the AH makes everyone end up with the same builds because the only thing that matters is gold. Then Blizz will go and say "hey, we got a great idea! Let's nerf the drops so that the AH doesn't have 50 of the critical '+x to all resistances, +y% attack speed' item, and that people will have to do something else".
You know where that will end up...

I think Blizz is chewing much more than it can digest

The issue to me isn't whether you can win or not, but that entire categories of gear practically don't exist because of the AH. I've finished normal with three different characters, and put what I'd consider a fair amount of time into the game (got distracted by Dragon's Dogma so haven't cleared Nightmare yet). I've seen two legendary drops, both level 10 items, and never seen a set item. They were rare in Diablo 2, but you at least SAW these things. The thrill of discovery is gone because there's no real expectation of finding anything like that throughout the normal course of play; with a drop rate as low as those items have, there's no pathway to obtaining them outside of the AH.

To me, buying things on the AH defeats the entire purpose of playing a game like Diablo, so forcing the issue just makes me want to spend my time elsewhere rather than altering how I play to fit what they did in the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo