Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Game Reviews May 30, 2012, 23:33 MisterBenn

Yeah I remember Civ 5 used to do the same thing to my GPU, Warlock doesn't seem so bad for me though for some reason.

I've actually parked playing Warlock for the moment, I think it needs more updates, multiplayer and mod support to reach its potential, then it really could be huge. In its current state it has a handful of issues:

- Too much emphasis on getting units from land features, so at many points your best available units do not coincide with your race flavour, such as healer race using vampires, beast races using halberdiers etc.

- The tactical AI seems pretty good but the strategic, not so much. The late game is more about a small number of very powerful units and the AI does not adapt well as it stands.

- Diplomacy is incredibly basic currently, generally other civs hate you and make demands if you are a rival, or will hound you for treaties every turn once you are noticably stronger than them.

- The role of magic should be increased, unit buffs are permanent so you get those in place before war. Damage and heal spells are mostly one per turn so they have less influence than perhaps ten attacking units per turn during a fight.

I've already had a lot more fun than with Civ 5 in its current guise and as a budget title I've had no regrets whatsoever. With a few updates and letting people go mad with user created content this could still be a monster game!

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo